Location and Travel
Friday April 27 - Saturday April 29, 2023
Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas
650 South Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202
Traveling to Dallas
When traveling to Dallas, there are two airports that you can fly into: Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) and Dallas Love Field (DAL). When planning your stay in Dallas, it is recommended that you arrive the afternoon of Thursday, April 27th, so you can attend all of the events on Friday, April 28th. To allow you time to enjoy and attend all of the activities planned for Saturday, April 29th, it is recommended that you depart on Sunday, April 30th.
Join us in the VEX Showcase at the VEX Booth located in the Sponsor Booths section to experience the leading edge of robotics and computer science education. Explore creative and inspiring ways to take your teaching beyond the STEM Labs with the VEX Education Team.
Saturday, April 29
10:00am - 4:00pm
What’s Included in a VEX Robotics Educators Conference Registration?
Your $999 conference registration includes a full year of professional learning through VEX Professional Development Plus
Learn more about PD+ and access a free, 3-day trial.
Convince Your Leadership
Attending the VEX Robotics Educators Conference is not just an opportunity for you to grow your professional practice - it’s also a unique chance for everyone involved in your school or organization to benefit directly from the experiences, strategies and inspiration you bring back with you! Here are some resources and tips to help you make the case for attending to your leadership.
Download our “Make the Case” letter and share it with your leader to boost their awareness of the benefits of the VEX Robotics Educators Conference and PD+!
Remind your leader that the VEX Robotics Educators Conference is unique, in that it is one part of the larger learning ecosystem of VEX PD+, where professional learning extends throughout the entire year!
- If you already have a PD+ license, be sure to emphasize how engaging with the community and content provided has enhanced your students’ learning so far. Share specific examples!
- If you don’t yet have a PD+ license, sign up for a 3-day trial (or have your leader do so) and ask to share content that you feel would help you to meet your students’ STEM learning needs.
- Be sure to highlight that the conference registration is free and comes as a part of your PD+ yearly membership!
Provide evidence that demonstrates how attending the VEX Robotics Educators Conference will help you advance your STEM teaching goals.
- Present your leadership with your goals.
- Connect the sessions you plan to attend and experiences you will have directly to each goal.
- Explain the impact they will have towards accomplishing your goals!
Explain how your attendance will benefit your colleagues and students.
- Make a plan for how you will share all that you have learned! Offer to pass your knowledge onto others in a professional development session at your school, or provide mentoring to your fellow teachers.
Don’t forget to share how you will take care of your students while you are away!
- Share your plan for keeping the learning going in your classroom! Show your leadership how you’ve already considered what and how your students will stay engaged and focused on their learning on the days you are attending to your own progress.
Share information about the VEX Robotics Educators Conference to help seal the deal!
- Share quotes from previous attendees to underscore the conference's positive impact.
- Share our Event Flyer with colleagues to spread the excitement!